Friday, May 3, 2013

A Peek into my Thoughts


What if when I go back, people won't be the same?
I don't know wether I've changed or not. All I know is that I have learned and seen some perspectives of others. I'm leaving behind a totally different world here. 


I don't belong anywhere
Simply a wandering nomad who's only company are my own thoughts and imagination. I can adapt, that's for sure. But now I haven't heard from where I once belonged, and now no longer belong where I once did.


Now, I appreciate a rainy day, and the sun when it comes out.

I get a warm smile given to me by people or classmates I barely know.

A simple compliment, "Your eyes are really pretty." makes my day.

I regularly have people greet me once or twice in the halls or more in a day.

Someone approaches me in class just to talk because "I looked lonely."

Commenting that my drawings are, "Gorgeous. I don't actually use that word a lot."

Getting a random hug makes me unbelievably happy.

I've never had this.


Now that I suddenly belong

I drop everything again

and return

to another habitat that has grown and flowered in my absence.

Will I look forward to returning? yes. Because my future is bright and clear. Will I miss and regret leaving my carefully built community and hard work behind? yes. Does that mean I have to choose either one or the other? no. 


I don't choose, I simply spread about my connections.

So far, at the young age of 15, I have grown a forest or bonds that covers the globe
And am constantly planting seeds where ever I go.

As long as I have seeds to plant, my forest will continue to grow and flower

With a brilliance I have yet to see.



• Cranberry •

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

I look forward to watching you and your forest continue to grow for a long, long time. Enjoy the journey.