Thursday, January 3, 2013

Airplanes & Arrivals

Merry late christmas, and soon a happy new year!

Hey guys, I'm writing from Las Vegas~ Here it's sunny and clear skied, but we had some slush/rain this morning. So let's sum up the last few days.



On the 24th in Germany we safely got on the plane, no complications, and took of on our 8 hour+ flight. (saw quite a few movies. Total Recall, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, and ... Alvin and the Chipmunks just because they are way too cute.) We got into Philadelphia and had 2 hours to run around the airport and wait for our flight. We got on our flight (it's crazy how different it can be to be around people who speak english ALL THE TIME since I haven't had that since about 3-4 years.) After a bit of de-icing the plane we took of on another 4 hour flight and finally got in to Las Vegas at 9:30 pm. My mom and I got picked up by the family and I got some sleep at my cousin's house.
Next morning we all gathered at the cuzzie's house and had a present opening session. 

The last two weeks we have been simply chilling, or hiking. The one place that I must write about is a store called The Hobby Lobby. For those who don't know it, it's like a huge kautbullinger, for those in Germany. IT HAS EVERYTHING that an artist could wish for, watercolor sets, sewing fabric, stickers, beading, pendants, sketchbooks, tutorial books..... etc. The only thing that I was disappointed by was their lack of copic markers, and prismacolors. They had a few copics, but it was hardly any to actually work with. If I hadn't set a budget, I would have spent all my money there in one day.
The other thing is that it seems that I'm getting glasses again! we checked my eyesight the other day, because it always seems blurry when I am looking at things faraway. I'll probably post some pictures when I get them in a week.

We also saw The Hobbit, rewatched Star Wars 1 & 2 and Rise of the Guardians again. And because I enjoy featuring art, here is some fanart.



I'm gonna end this post with a picture! Looking forward to starting school and meeting new people.


Cause' we're that awesome. 

signing off, Cranberry.